Subscribe

Powered By

Free XML Skins for Blogger

Powered by Blogger

Friday, February 18, 2011

new home sewing machine

If you are a home-sewer with an older non-computerized sewing machine, some of the problems with that machine are insurmountable at times! Trust me, I know; because I used to have one of those machines myself! In fact, I had 3 of those types of sewing machines, and the frustration in getting these machines to work properly was prevalent in my sewing life! Now I have a computerized model of a sewing machine and it has its own type of problems. First, it has to be serviced by a qualified technician after so many hours of use. There is no warning suddenly, it decides it won't work properly anymore so you know you have to take it to a technician.

However, before my fancy computerized model of sewing machine, I tried everything I knew to do to fix those machines - without success about 99% of the time! Finally, after years of frustration with my machines, I found an older gentleman who was willing to explain some things to me - mind you, I said explain, not show me! I had taken one of my old machines in to get fixed and he asked me if I had slipped the clutch. I don't think you want the look he got from me. My first thought was, where would a clutch be on a sewing machine - mine is old! Ignoring my look that freeze anyone, he told me that this was the most common problem on an older non-computerized sewing machine. It was easy to fix, or so he informed me, and it only took 5 minutes. By this time, I thought I should leave the room or I wasn't responsible for what would happen. I then proceeded to ask him why technicians keep your machine for up to 3 weeks if it is a 5 minute job? He couldn't answer my question!

I went home and tried this on one of my other sewing machines and it worked like a charm! So, at this point, I will try to explain this concept to you. Make sure you try this if you are having sewing machine problems (e.g., missing stitches or any of the common problems). First, you remove your bobbin from your sewing machine. Try to take all the parts out - there should be two individual pieces. If you can't remember how you took them out, take heart, they only fit in one way! Next, take a soft brush and brush all the dust and loose threads out of there. You'll be surprised at how much that small area can hold!
Related Posts with Thumbnails